Wednesday, July 1, 2015

"Eat Mor Chikin"



Everyone that knows me knows how much I love Chick-fil-A.  If you noticed above, I included “chikin-eater” in my profile description.  After working for and with some of the best people I know at a successful Chick-fil-A restaurant in KY, I became a raving fan. 

  
I love the values that the company represents.  I love that they are closed on Sunday and many operators are active in their local church.  I love the cleanliness and family-friendly atmosphere.  I love that they know us in our local restaurant and are always glad to see us.  I love that we have a consistent experience across the country when we travel, and if we don’t, it is rare and rectified quickly.  I love that my friends have achieved success within the company and/or been launched into success in other business endeavors.  I tell people on a regular basis, that it is a great first job for any young person.  It is also a great job no matter your age, even as a long-term career.  Many operators and managers began as teenage team members and worked their way to leadership roles.

 
Of course, I love the food.  I remember eating the original CFA sandwich at football games in high school.  It is our first choice on road trips and we often take out of town visitors to our local restaurant.  I love that you can select healthy options like their delicious grilled chicken, salads, fruit cups, and yogurt parfaits.  They care about the well-being of children from the healthy kid’s meal options to the educational toys they provide, and the many family events they host.


So of course, I was thrilled when I found out that a new restaurant would be opening 1 mile from my house, on the same road as my church.  THRILLED! And I get the privilege of being back in the uniform as a hostess.


We were invited to the Grand Opening Premiere Night with other friends from our church and community!  We received free food: samples of chick-n-minis, iced coffee, the fruit cup, Asian salad, nuggets, original chicken sandwich, spicy sandwich, grilled sandwich, grilled nuggets, and peach milkshake.  We received a backstage tour and complimentary travel mugs and mini cows.  And to top it off, they gave us a half dozen chocolate chunk cookies on our way out!


The following night we enjoyed the fellowship of the Dedication Dinner with all the new employees of our location.  We were reminded of our corporate purpose: To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.  We were encouraged through a dedication prayer over the new restaurant by a local pastor.  We watched a video of other team members whose lives have been changed through employment at Chick-fil-A.  We received the Chick-fil-A baton to remind and inspire us to be remarkable, both in our work ethic, and in our interactions with customers. 

  
I’m proud to be a Chick-fil-A team member and a raving fan.


Wherever you live, I hope that you will allow us to welcome you into our family very soon.  For those of us who love “chikin”, customer service, and hospitality, it truly is “our pleasure.”



No comments:

Post a Comment